Plain flour 45g
Cocoa powder 45g
Baking powder 1tsp
Dark Chocolate 100g
Double cream 80g
Apricot jam 2tbsp
Water or Liquor of your choice 1tbsp
1. Sift Flour, Cocoa powder and Baking powder together. Melt the Butter in the microwave. Pre-heat the oven to 180º.
2. Beat the Egg and Sugar together until it becomes white-ish and foamy.
3. Add 1 into 2, and fold in gently.
4. Sprinkle the melted Butter into 3, and mix.
5. Pour the mixture in a cake tin.
6. Bake in the pre-heated oven (180º) for 30 minutes.
7. When the cake is baked, cool it down on a cake cooler.
8. Make the chocolate garnish. In a little pot, heat the Cream up (DO NOT boil it). Turn the heat off and add the chopped chocolate. Mix well, until the chocolate is fully melted.
9. In a small bowl, mix Apricot jam and Water/Liquor, and microwave it to warm it up.
10. Slice the cake in the middle. Spread the apricot jam mixture and chocolate garnish.
11. Put the top back on and pour the chocolate garnish, and cover the cake thoroughly.
12. Cool the cake in the fridge.