We went out for dinner with Catherine and Danny tonight.
They recently got engaged, so I made a little gift for them, Red velvet sweetheart cake. I used this lovely little 10 cm tin that I just got (Faringdon Collection Bakers Pride Non Stick Mini Springform Cake Pan 10cm). The cake came out really well, and it is a good size for two.
I hope they enjoy it. And again, congratulations to Catherine and Danny;)
Cocoa powder 1tbsp
Red food colouring 1 tsp
Ready made marzipan
Ready made icing
1. Sift flour and cocoa powder together.
2. Mix butter and sugar together until it’s fluffy.
3. Add egg into 2, and mix well.
4. Add food colouring into 3, and mix well.
5. Fold 1 into 4.
6. Bake in the pre-heated oven (180º) for 25 minutes.
1. Roll out ready made marzipan to 3mm thick. Make a heart shaped hole in the middle. Cover the cake completely.
2. Roll out ready made icing to 5mm thick. Make the same heart shaped hole as 1. Add on to 1. Make the surface smooth.