The order was “the biggest millionaire’s shortbread I’ve ever made”. So, I baked the shortbread in my big tart tin and poured caramel followed by a thin layer of white chocolate and velvety chocolate on top. I didn’t even cut it, but I just delivered the whole thing.
The shortbread was nice and buttery, caramel was sweet and gooey, and the chocolate was smooth and silky…. this millionaire’s shortbread was a little more indulgent than “millionaire” so I decided to call it “billionaire” instead. 😀
Ok, so.., here is how to indulge yourself or someone…
Icing sugar 100g
Rice flour 100g
Condensed milk 2tins (397gx2)
brown sugar 100g
White chocolate 200g
Milk chocolate 200g
Dark chocolate 200g
Double cream 240g
1. Make the shortbread. Soften the butter. Cream butter and icing sugar together.
2. Sift flour and rice flour into 1. Bring the mixture together until it forms a dough. Wrap in a cling film and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3.Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Press the dough on a tart tin (10 inch) and prick the dough with a fork. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the top of the shortbread has become slightly golden. Let it cool.
4. Prepare the caramel. Combine all the ingredients for the caramel in a sauce pan. Place the pan on a low heat. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens and becomes light brown. Pour the mixture into the cooled shortbread. Let it cool.
5. Prepare the chocolate. Malt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Pour over the caramel.
6. Make the chocolate topping. Heat the cream in a sauce pan over a gentle heat.
7. Add milk chocolate and dark chocolate into the pan. Keep stirring until the chocolate has dissolved and the mixture has become silky. Pour over the white chocolate.
8. Make some swirls with white chocolate. Leave to set.