I (and Lana) made individual key lime pies for Andy who looked after Lana while I was busy preparing the cookies (I will talk about those cookies on the next post).
These were also for Andy’s mum and dad who looked after Lana while Andy and I went out for dinner two of us alone for the first time in 6 months!
Thank you very much from me and Lana. 😀
Condensed milk 397g
Cream cheese 70g
Digestive cookies 80g
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Put digestive cookies and sugar in a plastic bag. Smash them finely.
2. Melt butter and put it into 1. Mix well.
3. Place 2 on the bottom of a cake tin evenly. Bake 2 in the pre-heated oven (180ºc) until it’s golden. Cool it down.
4. Meanwhile prepare the filling.
5. Mix lime zest and egg together.
6. In a different bowl mix together condensed milk, cream cheese and lime juice.
7. Combine 5 and 6. Pour the mixture into the base.
8. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until it’s set. Cool in the fridge.
9. Add meringue on top and put the pie in the oven (120ºc) to colour the meringue.
Have you seen my lemon meringue pie?