The other day I saw taro potatoes in a shop and bought some. I love those sticky potatoes like taro or yam, and not only they are nice when they are cooked with sugar and soy sauce, but also great in bread!
Mashed taro potatoes gives the bread nice soft texture. I also use milk as the liquid to make the bread even softer and look nicely white inside.
Next time you get taro potatoes, save some to make these super soft rolls. You won’t taste the taro but will be amazed how soft they are!
Mashed taro 100g
1. Put all the ingredients except butter in the standing mixer, and knead for a minutes.
2. Add butter. Keep kneading for 10 minutes.
3. Cover the dough with cling film and rest it until it has doubled in size.
4. Punch the dough to let the air out. Divide the dough into 12 pieces and make them into balls. Rest for 10 minutes.
5. Reshape the balls, place them on a baking tray, and rest it until it has doubled in size.
6. Preheat the oven to 200ºc. Dust the bread lightly with flour, bake for 20 minutes.