Look at this beautiful colour! It’s from roasted sweet potato and soy flour. I replaced some of the flour to soy flour, which is a good source of protein, and added left over roasted sweet potato.
When I cut into the round loaf, I was very pleased to see the nice yellow colour, and not only that, the bread tasted really good. Roasted sweet potato was a hero! It gave the bread a soft silky texture as well as natural sweetness.
They were so popular in the house that the whole loaf was gone before noon… ;D
Strong flour 200g
Soy flour 50g
Roasted sweet potato (skinned and mashed) 200g
Olive oil 1 tsp
1. Put all the ingredients except oil in the standing mixer, and knead for a few minutes.
2. Add oil. Keep kneading for 10 minutes.
3. Place the dough in a clean bowl, cover with cling film and rest it until it has doubled in size.
4. Punch the dough to let the air out. Make it into a ball and rest for 10 minutes.
5. Gently reshape the dough and place on a baking tin. Rest it until it has doubled in size.
6. Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Bake for 40 minutes.